NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING OF THE
GOVERNING BODY OF AVERY, TEXAS
Notice is hereby given that the regular meeting of the governing body of the City of Avery will be held on Monday, May 11th, 2020, promptly at 6:00 p.m. in the Avery City Hall, located at 250 US Business Hwy 82, at which time the following subjects will be discuss:
Establish a quorum
1. Call the meeting to order
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas
3. Public Forum
4. Approve March 24th, 2020 Special Meeting Minutes and March 24th Emergency Meeting
5. Discuss and Take Action on Mike Culpepper’s trailer house pulled into the city.
6. Discuss and Take Action on sealed bids for trash services for the City of Avery.
7. Discuss and Take Action on paying the Mayor a salary.
8. Discuss and Take Action on increasing bulk water rate of $2.69 per 1,000 gallons.
9. Discuss and Take Action on telephone confirmation to postpone the election until
November 3rd, 2020. Sign Order of Postponement of Election.
10. Discuss and Take Action on generator for sewer plant.
11. Discuss and Take Action on Clean-up Day for Avery.
12. Discuss and Take Action on city office closure due to corona virus rules.
13. Update on meter replacement plan/Usage Breakdown & Exceptional Usage
14. Financial update with profit and loss statement for the month of March
and bank statement
15. Future Agenda Items/Business to be added to next agenda
NOTE: The City Council for the City of Avery reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberation about Real property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
The City of Avery is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable Modifications and Equal Access to Communications Will Be Provided Upon Request. To Call the City Secretary and Provide a 48 Hour Notice of Request at (903) 684-3825.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the above Notice of Special Meeting of the governing body of Avery, Texas, is a true and correct copy of said Notice and that I posted copy of said Notice on the bulletin board, in the City Hall of Avery, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said Notice was posted on May 7th, 2020, by 5:00 p.m., and remained so posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said Meeting.
Dated this May 4th, 2020
City of Avery, Texas
By: Alex Ackley, Mayor Residing
By: Deborah Crouch, City Secretary