NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING OF THE
GOVERNING BODY OF AVERY, TEXAS
Notice is hereby given that the regular meeting of the governing body of the City of Avery will be held on Monday, July 13th, 2020, promptly at 6:00 pm. in the Avery City Hall, located at 250 US Business Hwy 82, at which time the following subjects will be discuss:
Establish a quorum
1. Call the meeting to order
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas
3. Public Forum – Kevin Peek
4. Approve June 8th, 2020 Regular Meeting Minutes.
5. Guest Speaker, Kyle Dooley with Riverbend
6. Discuss and Take Action on fifty year contract for Riverbend.
7. Discuss and Take Action on resignation of Lewis “Bud” Callaway from Seat One.
8. Discuss and Take Action on late payments received after the 15th day of the month.
9. Discuss and Take Action on pay raise for Deborah Crouch and $500 bonus for the
completion of the City of Avery WWTP Permit, which saved the city a minimum of
10. Discuss and Take Action on applying $50,000 or more to the principal balance of the ATCOG
11. Discuss and take action on new aerator for sewer plant and installation costs.
12. Discuss and take action on ordinance for commercial trash bins.
13. Discuss and Take Action on repairs for City Hall ceiling and floor in storage building.
14. Discuss and Take Action on Eileen Stearman painting a mural on the new Tomato Shed.
15. Update on meter replacement plan/Usage Breakdown & Exceptional Usage
16. Financial update with profit and loss statement for the month of June
and bank statements.
17. Future Agenda Items/Business to be added to next agenda
NOTE: The City Council for the City of Avery reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberation about Real property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
The City of Avery is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable Modifications and Equal Access to Communications Will Be Provided Upon Request. To Call the City Secretary and Provide a 48 Hour Notice of Request at (903) 684-3825.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the above Notice of Special Meeting of the governing body of Avery, Texas, is a true and correct copy of said Notice and that I posted copy of said Notice on the bulletin board, in the City Hall of Avery, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said Notice was posted on July 9th, 2020, by 5:00 pm., and remained so posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said Meeting.
Dated this July 7th, 2020
City of Avery, Texas
By: Alex Ackley, Mayor Residing
By: Deborah Crouch, City Secretary