NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING OF THE
GOVERNING BODY OF AVERY, TEXAS
Notice is hereby given that the regular meeting of the governing body of the City of Avery will be held on Monday, May 6th, 2019, promptly at 7:00 p.m. in the Avery City Hall, located at 250 US Business Hwy 82, at which time the following subjects will be discuss:
Establish a quorum
1. Call the meeting to order
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas
3. Public Forum – Bonnie Jean Warren to speak on Tomato Festival
4. Public Hearing regarding the submission of an application to the Texas Department of
Agriculture for a Texas Community Development Block Grant Program (TxCDBG) grant.
The purpose of this meeting is to allow an opportunity to discuss the citizens participation
plan, the development of local housing and community development needs, the amount
of TxCDBG funding available, all eligible TxCDBG activities, and the use of past
TxCDBG funds. The City encourages citizens to participate in the development of this
TxCDBG application and to make their views known at this public hearing.
5. Discuss and take action on Resolution for TxCDBG grant.
6. Guest Speaker, Charles Edwards to speak on a Home Program through CBHCA to repair
and reconstruct some homes in Avery, Tx
7. Approve April 1st, Special Meeting Minutes
8. Discuss and take action on rebuilding the tomato shed.
9. Discuss and take action on approving job descriptions for the City Secretary and Water
and Waste Water Operator.
10. Discuss and take action on installation of two storm drains on Utah St. and Dallas St.
11. Update on meter replacement plan.
12. Financial update with profit and loss statement for the month of April and bank
13. Discuss and take action on Resolution for Suddenlink to expand its service area.
14. Follow up on water tower.
15. Discuss and take action on maintenance needed for Helicopter Pad.
16. Update on Carl Prewitt doing our website. Carl stated to Mayor Ackley that it would not
be cost effective to include a payment system into the website. Carl Prewitt withdrew his
request. No Action Needed
17. Discuss and take action on Drought Plan review and Resolution.
18. Future Agenda Items/Business to be added to next agenda
NOTE: The City Council for the City of Avery reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberation about Real property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
The City of Avery is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable Modifications and Equal Access to Communications Will Be Provided Upon Request. To Call the City Secretary and Provide a 48 Hour Notice of Request at (903) 684-3825.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the above Notice of Meeting of the governing body of Avery, Texas, is a true and correct copy of said Notice and that I posted copy of said Notice on the bulletin board, in the City Hall of Avery, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said Notice was posted on May 3, 2019, by 5:00 p.m., and remained so posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said Meeting.
Dated this May 3rd, 2019
City of Avery, Texas
By: Alex Ackley, Mayor Residing
By: Deborah Crouch, City Secretary