NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING OF THE
GOVERNING BODY OF AVERY, TEXAS
Notice is hereby given that the regular meeting of the governing body of the City of Avery will be held on Monday, December 3rd, 2018, promptly at 7:00 p.m. in the Avery City Hall, located at 250
US Business Hwy 82, at which time the following subjects will be discuss:
Establish a quorum
1. Call the meeting to order
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas
3. Public Forum.
4. Jacob Watson presentation of Wi-Fi services for FM1701 area.
5. Approve November 5th Regular Meeting Minutes
6. Financial update with profit and loss statement for the month of November and
7. Update on Jody’s Waste Water License
8. Update on speed bumps or law enforcement.
9. Update on city street lights
10. Discuss and take action on water rate increase of approximately $500 per month from
Riverbend. Water rate increase to compensate would be $2.50 per customer.
11. Discuss and take action on Water Loss Report and prevention
12. Discuss and take action to establish a late charge policy and procedures. Once policy is
established approval to send customer letter explaining policy and procedures along with
along with late charge increase notice going into effect 1/1/2019. Cost would be
approximately $120 for stamps
13. Discuss and take action on Christmas Decorations for the City of Avery
14. Discuss and take action on garbage collection policy.
15. Future Agenda Items/Business to be added to next agenda
NOTE: The City Council for the City of Avery reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberation about Real property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
The City of Avery is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable Modifications and Equal Access to Communications Will Be Provided Upon Request. To Call the City Secretary and Provide a 48 Hour Notice of Request at (903) 684-3825.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the above Notice of Meeting of the governing body of Avery, Texas, is a true and correct copy of said Notice and that I posted copy of said Notice on the bulletin board, in the City Hall of Avery, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said Notice was posted on November 30, 2018, by 5:00 p.m., and remained so posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said Meeting.
Dated this November 27, 2018
City of Avery, Texas
By: Alex Ackley, Mayor Residing
By: Deborah Crouch, City Secretary
The Regular Council Meetings are on the First Monday of each month. Located at City Hall, 250 Business Hwy 82, and start at 7 p.m. unless posted otherwise.