NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING OF THE
GOVERNING BODY OF AVERY, TEXAS
Notice is hereby given that the special meeting of the governing body of the City of Avery will be held on Tuesday, February 18th, 2020, promptly at 6:00 p.m. in the Avery City Hall, located at 250 US Business Hwy 82, at which time the following subjects will be discuss:
Establish a quorum
1. Call the meeting to order
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas
3. Public Forum
4. Approve January 13th, 2020 Regular Meeting Minutes.
5. Discuss and Take Action on plans for the rebuilding of the tomato shed.
6. Discuss and Take Action on location of the new tomato shed.
7. Discuss and Take Action on fund raiser committee for the tomato shed.
8. Discuss and take action on running newspaper ad on bids for trash services and TCEQ
Waste Water Permit Renewal.
9. Discuss and take action on accepting Wilf & Henderson, P.C’s engagement letter to do
our 2019 Audit.
10. Discuss and Take Action on moving stop signs from Austin St. to Colorado St.
11. Discuss and Take Action on PIF to TWDB for infrastructure improvements. The deadline
for submission is March 1, 2020.
12. Update on meter replacement plan/Usage Breakdown & Exceptional Usage
13. Financial update with profit and loss statement for the month of January
and bank statement
14. Discuss employee issues (Executive Session)
15. Future Agenda Items/Business to be added to next agenda
NOTE: The City Council for the City of Avery reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberation about Real property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
The City of Avery is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable Modifications and Equal Access to Communications Will Be Provided Upon Request. To Call the City Secretary and Provide a 48 Hour Notice of Request at (903) 684-3825.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the above Notice of Special Meeting of the governing body of Avery, Texas, is a true and correct copy of said Notice and that I posted copy of said Notice on the bulletin board, in the City Hall of Avery, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said Notice was posted on February 14th, 2020, by 5:00 p.m., and remained so posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said Meeting.
Dated this February 5th, 2020
City of Avery, Texas
By: Alex Ackley, Mayor Residing
By: Deborah Crouch, City Secretary