NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING OF THE
GOVERNING BODY OF AVERY, TEXAS
Notice is hereby given that the regular meeting of the governing body of the City of Avery will be held
on Monday, January 11th, 2021, promptly at 6:00 pm in the Avery City Hall, located at 250 Business
Hwy 82, at which time the following subjects will be discuss:
Establish a quorum
1. Call the meeting to order
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas
3. Public Forum –
4. Public Hearing for the submission of an application to the Texas Department of Agriculture
For a Texas Community Development Block Grant Program (TxCDBG) grant.
5. Discuss and Take Action on administrating Oath of Office to Frank Estes, Seat Four and
Larry Josh Perez, Seat Five.
6. Discuss and Take Action on selecting Mayor Pro-Tem.
7. Discuss and Take Action on December 14th, 2020 Regular Meeting Minutes.
8. Discuss and Take Action on selecting an engineer for the Texas Community Development Block
9. Discuss and Take Action on moving the veteran’s flagpole to the pavilion location.
10. Discuss and Take Action on hiring a contractor to build the stage and back drop for the Pavilion.
11. Discuss and Take Action on offering rural trash services through Ameri-Tex Services and doing
a bulk mail out of brochures and printing labels.
12. Update on meter replacement plan/Usage Breakdown & Exceptional Usage
13. Financial update with profit and loss statement for the month of December
and bank statements.
14. Future Agenda Items/Business to be added to next agenda
NOTE: The City Council for the City of Avery reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time
during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government
Code Sections 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberation about Real property), 551.073
(Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security
Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
The City of Avery is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable
Modifications and Equal Access to Communications Will Be Provided Upon Request. To Call the City
Secretary and Provide a 48 Hour Notice of Request at (903) 684-3825.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the above Notice of Special Meeting of the governing
body of Avery, Texas, is a true and correct copy of said Notice and that I posted copy of said Notice on
the bulletin board, in the City Hall of Avery, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the
general public at all times, and said Notice was posted on January 7th, 2021, by 5:00 pm., and remained
so posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said Meeting.
Dated this January 4th, 2021
City of Avery, Texas
By: Alex Ackley, Mayor Residing
By: Deborah Crouch, City Secretary