NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING OF THE
GOVERNING BODY OF AVERY, TEXAS
Notice is hereby given that the regular meeting of the governing body of the City of Avery will be held on Monday, January 7th, 2019, promptly at 7:00 p.m. in the Avery City Hall, located at 250
US Business Hwy 82, at which time the following subjects will be discuss:
Establish a quorum
1. Call the meeting to order
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas
3. Public Forum.
4. Guest Speaker for Rails and Trails.
5. Discuss and take action on approving Resolution for Sponsorship on the Grant for Rails & Trails
6. Approve December 3rd Regular Meeting Minutes
7. Financial update with profit and loss statement for the month of December and
8. Discuss and Take Action on the resignation of Vickie Roseberry
9. Discuss and Take Action on signing the City Ordinance for the Water Rate Increase of $3.00 to the base rate of $24.10 making the base rate 27.10.
10. Discuss and Take Action on Budget for 2019
11. Discuss and Take Action on paying off State Bank of DeKalb Kabota tractor loan in the amount of $40,476.05 as of January 2nd with $5.042 per diem. Monthly payment amount is $1,115.75.
12. Future Agenda Items/Business to be added to next agenda
NOTE: The City Council for the City of Avery reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberation about Real property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
The City of Avery is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable Modifications and Equal Access to Communications Will Be Provided Upon Request. To Call the City Secretary and Provide a 48 Hour Notice of Request at (903) 684-3825.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the above Notice of Meeting of the governing body of Avery, Texas, is a true and correct copy of said Notice and that I posted copy of said Notice on the bulletin board, in the City Hall of Avery, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said Notice was posted on January 4, 2019, by 5:00 p.m., and remained so posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said Meeting.
Dated this January 2, 2019
City of Avery, Texas
By: Alex Ackley, Mayor Residing
By: Deborah Crouch, City Secretary
The Regular Council Meetings are on the First Monday of each month. Located at City Hall, 250 Business Hwy 82, and start at 7 p.m. unless posted otherwise.