NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING OF THE
GOVERNING BODY OF AVERY, TEXAS
Notice is hereby given that the regular meeting of the governing body of the City of Avery will be held on Monday, March 4th, 2019, promptly at 7:00 p.m. in the Avery City Hall, located at 250
US Business Hwy 82, at which time the following subjects will be discuss:
Establish a quorum
1. Call the meeting to order
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas
3. Public Forum.
4. Approve February 4th Regular Meeting Minutes.
5. Guest Speaker from Countryside Disposal to do presentation on trash service for the City of Avery.
6. Guest Speaker, Carl Prewitt to speak on web hosting and credit card payment processing.
7. Discuss and take action on Order of Election and Resolution for Election
8. Discuss and take action on Order of Appointment for Election Judges and Alternate Judge for the May 4th,
2019 Election and Resolution.
9. Discuss and take action to reaffirm Mayor's Authority over the City Employees according to policies and
10. Discuss and take action on amending Policies & Procedures Manual for hiring and pay of temporary employee in
Operator's absence, also to add a section on other employment .
11. Financial update with profit and loss statement for the month of February and bank statements.
12. Discuss and take action on approving Spring Clean Up Day from April 6th to March 30, 2019.
13. Discuss and Take Action on removing all speed bumps in the city of Avery.
14. Discuss and Take Action on adding stop signs on Colorado St. and Denton St.
15. Discuss and take action on animal control in the city.
16. Discuss and take action on adding traffic cameras to ATCOG loan.
17. Discuss and Take Action on creating a maintenance report for all repairs.
18. Discuss and take action on job description for the City Secretary and Water & Waste Water Operator.
19. Follow up on previous minutes to confirm all tasks have been completed.
20. Future Agenda Items/Business to be added to next agenda
NOTE: The City Council for the City of Avery reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberation about Real property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
The City of Avery is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable Modifications and Equal Access to Communications Will Be Provided Upon Request. To Call the City Secretary and Provide a 48 Hour Notice of Request at (903) 684-3825.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the above Notice of Meeting of the governing body of Avery, Texas, is a true and correct copy of said Notice and that I posted copy of said Notice on the bulletin board, in the City Hall of Avery, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said Notice was posted on March 1, 2019, by 5:00 p.m., and remained so posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said Meeting.
Dated this March 1, 2019
City of Avery, Texas
By: Alex Ackley, Mayor Residing
By: Deborah Crouch, City Secretary
The Regular Council Meetings are on the First Monday of each month. Located at City Hall, 250 Business Hwy 82, and start at 7 p.m. unless posted otherwise.