NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING OF THE GOVERNING BODY OF AVERY, TEXAS
Notice is hereby given that the regular meeting of the governing body of the City of Avery will be held on Monday, December 9th, 2019, promptly at 6:00 p.m. in the Avery City Hall, located at 250 US Business Hwy 82, at which time the following subjects will be discuss:
Establish a quorum
1. Call the meeting to order
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas
3. Public Forum
4. Approve October 14th, 2019 Regular Meeting Minutes.
5. Discuss and take action on AVFD Donation.
6. Discuss and take action on Christmas Bonuses for City Employees.
7. Discuss and take action on Sewer Line Issue as needed replacement and Bid from Bray Construction for repairs.
8. Discuss and Take Action on Splash Pad and Resolution appointing Tyler Creamer with
Hayter Engineering to represent us in dealing with the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department
in a grant for the splash pad.
9. Discuss and Take Action on donations for Christmas Decorations for the City of Avery.
10. Update on meter replacement plan/Usage Breakdown & Exceptional Usage
11. Financial update with profit and loss statement for the months of October and November
and bank statements.
12. Discuss and Take Action on City Gas Card Features.
13. Future Agenda Items/Business to be added to next agenda
NOTE: The City Council for the City of Avery reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberation about Real property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
The City of Avery is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable Modifications and Equal Access to Communications Will Be Provided Upon Request. To Call the City Secretary and Provide a 48 Hour Notice of Request at (903) 684-3825.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the above Notice of Regular Meeting of the governing body of Avery, Texas, is a true and correct copy of said Notice and that I posted copy of said Notice on the bulletin board, in the City Hall of Avery, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said Notice was posted on December 4th, 2019, by 5:00 p.m., and remained so posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said Meeting.
Dated this December 3rd, 2019
City of Avery, Texas
By: Alex Ackley, Mayor Residing
By: Deborah Crouch, City Secretary