The Regular Council Meetings are on the First Monday of each month. Located at City Hall, 250 Business Hwy 82, and start at 7 p.m. unless posted otherwise.
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING OF THE
GOVERNING BODY OF AVERY, TEXAS
Notice is hereby given that the regular meeting of the governing body of the City of Avery will be held on Monday, October 8th, 2018, promptly at 12:00 p.m. in the Avery City Hall, located at 250 US Business Hwy 82, at which time the following subjects will be discuss:
Establish a quorum
1. Call the meeting to order
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas
3. Public Forum.
4. Approve October 1st Regular Meeting Minutes
5. Discuss and Take Action on Slow Children Playing Signs and Speed Bumps for Colorado
6. Discuss and Take Action on Annual Donation to the Avery Volunteer Fire Department.
7. Discuss and Take Action on Dumpsters for Cleanup day.
8. Discuss and Take Action on Approval for Meter Audit & hiring an outside person to do
9. Discuss and Take Action on Jody Runyan’s License time frame.
10. Discuss and Take Action on Community Service Procedures.
11. Discuss and Take Action on Connie Kedrowski acting as Office Manager.
12. Future Agenda Items/Business to be added to next agenda
NOTE: The City Council for the City of Avery reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberation about Real property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
The City of Avery is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable Modifications and Equal Access to Communications Will Be Provided Upon Request. To Call the City Secretary and Provide a 48 Hour Notice of Request at (903) 684-3825.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the above Notice of Meeting of the governing body of Avery, Texas, is a true and correct copy of said Notice and that I posted copy of said Notice on the bulletin board, in the City Hall of Avery, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said Notice was posted on September 14th, 2018, by 5:00 p.m., and remained so posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said Meeting.
Dated this October 5, 2018.
City of Avery, Texas
By: Alex Ackley, Mayor Residing
By: Deborah Crouch, City Secretary