NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING OF THE
GOVERNING BODY OF AVERY, TEXAS
Notice is hereby given that the regular meeting of the governing body of the City of Avery will be held on Monday, July 2nd, 2018, promptly at 7:00 p.m. in the Avery City Hall, located at 250 US Business Hwy 82, at which time the following subjects will be discuss:
Establish a quorum
1. Public Forum
2. Call the meeting to order
3. Discuss and Take Action to Approve and recertify June 4th, 2018 minutes and agenda.
4. Discuss and Take Possible Action for purchasing a Texas Flag for City Hall
5. Discuss and Take Possible Action for starting the City Council Meetings with the Pledge
Of Allegiance to the United States and Texas.
6. Discuss and Take Possible Action to accept the resignation of Kris Posey
7. Discuss and Take Possible Action to appointment Council Seat 2.
8. Discuss and Take Possible Action regarding Mayor Pro Tem.
9. Discuss and Take Possible Action regarding approval of Mayor and Mayor Pro Tem to
authorize payments of bills, invoices and payroll on a daily basis if possible.
10. Discuss and Take Possible Action on turning insufficient fund checks over to the District
Attorneys Office and hiring a Collection Agency to collect on unpaid debts.
11. Discuss and Take Possible Action to review and approve payment policies and procedures
12. Approve notice for City Office Closure for July 4th.
13. Discuss and Take Possible Action to review and approve an Avery City Wide Cleanup
Day for October 20, 2018
14. Discuss and Take Possible Action regarding Back to School Programs for children.
15. Discuss and Take Possible Action for an anonymous donation of playground equipment
for the City Park location.
16. Discuss and Take Possible Action for verifying owner of 350 and 360 N. Austin St for
cleanup of property prior to sending Clean up Ordinance.
17. Discuss and Take Possible Action to approve, in case of emergency while Jody Runyan is
on vacation, Zack Rose or Patrick Huggins for payment of $15.00 per hour with a two
hour minimum repair water leaks or to maintain water and sewer backup. Billie Marcs to
take water readings.
18. Update on bank deposits being done twice a week, matter has been resolved.
19. Discuss and Take Possible Action for changing Kris Posey to Frank Estes on the Safety
20. Discuss and Take Possible Action to or City of Avery Stationary and business cards for
Alex Ackley, Deborah Crouch and Jody Runyan.
21. Discuss and Take Possible Action on automatic meter reading system with Darl Holder as
Guest speaker of RG3 Meter Company.(Presentation)
NOTE: The City Council for the City of Avery reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberation about Real property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
The City of Avery is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable Modifications and Equal Access to Communications Will Be Provided Upon Request. To Call the City Secretary and Provide a 48 Hour Notice of Request at (903) 684-3825.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the above Notice of Meeting of the governing body of Avery, Texas, is a true and correct copy of said Notice and that I posted copy of said Notice on the bulletin board, in the City Hall of Avery, Texas, a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said Notice was posted on June 1st, 2018, by 5:00 p.m., and remained so posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said Meeting.
Dated this July 2nd, 2018.
City of Avery, Texas
By: Alex Ackley, Mayor
By: Deborah Crouch, City Secretary
The Regular Council Meetings are on the First Monday of each month. Located at City Hall, 250 business hwy 82, and start at 7 p.m. unless posted otherwise.
Type your paragraph here.